NicoNico is a human turned immortal who jumps around between worlds - she can turn up anywhere from complete wilderness to interstellar space stations, and sideways to fairy tale worlds where rocks talk and pencils grow on trees. She’s friendly, energetic and tomboyish.
Not only feeling more comfortable in company, but also liking attention, she has a habit of saying or doing things that may weird out or otherwise surprise people. Usually she tries to draw those around her into conversations, rather than talking over them, but can come across as over-enthusiastic, or not knowing when to shut up.
- Basics: human female, looks about 20 or younger, white (tan depends on where she was recently), 1,48m (4''10?'), athletic (relatively wide shoulders and somewhat toned), quite flat-chested
- Face: rather square jaw, nose with a wide back and not particularly small; thick, even eyebrows and brown eyes;
- Hair: light brown, thick, usually worn short and, unless very short, messy
- Bearing: Depends on the situation; she has some liking for theatralics. She seems to default to lively and energetic, though.
- Clothes: She defaults to simple and robust for every day (ie whatever equivalent to “jeans and t-shirt” is most suitable for the setting and weather), but likes to dress up on occasion, while still preferring trousers to skirts. She avoids high heels or platform shoes as well as floor length skirts because they hamper movement, plunging necklines because she thinks they look silly on her, and extremely low slung pants because she thinks they look silly in general.
- Comment: In loose-fitting clothes she’s occasionally mistaken for a male without her consciously trying, which she considers rather amusing.
- Whatever passes as a normal job.
- Chatting, bantering, listening to stories, telling stories (and letting other people wonder if hers were tall tales) - She’s generally friendly, often in a chummy way, but extremely rarely flirty.
- She’s got a liking for physical activities, including in no particular order dancing, gymnastics, climbing (she also likes sitting in high places, such as up a tree, if she wants some quiet and the weather is good), play- and sparring fights, thus keeping fit.
- She and Daaren are old friends. Their relationship could be described as close sibling-like. Who plays the older one depends on the situation. Nico trusts him completely.
- Sylvie is an acquaintance/not very close friend of hers.
Links to further materialVery Short Fiction
- Spirit of Exploration
- A Commentary on the History of Firearms
- Writing on the Wall
- Party Plans
- Why you don't invite Nico for mountain climbing
- Revelry's End
- Dust Devils (a comparatively very short tale)
- Hallowe’en Party 2006 (as Kingfisher)
- Hallowe’en Party 2007
- Hallowe'en Party 2008 (Joker)
- Yule Ball 2006
- Roofrats (pretty long, just included for sake of completeness)